Use of Genesis Digital products and services (including but not limited to WebinarJam, EverWebinar, and Kartra) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to comply with Genesis Digital's billing policy.
- All accounts are set up on a prepaid basis. Payment must be received by Genesis Digital before any billable product or service is provided/activated. In the event of a trial period, payment information must be on file before your account is created. You are required to keep a valid credit/debit card on file to charge for recurring monthly subscription and overage fees. All recurring subscriptions are automatically invoiced and charged to the credit/debit card on file.
- Subscription billing is based on the availability of products and services within the parameters defined by their packages. Certain fees may be usage-based (e.g. in Kartra for e-mail, hosting/bandwidth, domain names overages; WebinarJam/EverWebinar for Mass Market events).
- Payment receipts are provided electronically with each purchase, and may also be provided upon customer request.
- Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged on the customer's specific billing cycle date.
- Payment failure: In the event a credit/debit card fails to charge successfully, access to the product will immediately cease.
- Deactivation: Genesis Digital reserves the right to remove customer application data from its servers after nonpayment.
- Collections Fee: In the event an account is submitted to a third-party collections service, a $35.00 processing fee may be assessed to the existing account balance. This fee is in addition to any other fees previously assessed on the account.
- Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, Genesis Digital may assess a $50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback.
- Interest: Any charges not paid when due are subject to interest at a rate equal to the lesser of: (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the maximum interest rate allowed by applicable law.
Genesis Digital accepts payments from most major credit cards, and in some cases, PayPal.
Invoices are generated and payments are collected at the beginning of each billing period. Customer billing periods typically begin on the day of the month in which the customer purchased the Genesis Digital subscription. Customers must request to cancel their subscriptions at least 10 days prior to their next billing date in order to avoid being charged on the billing date. Genesis Digital will not prorate any portion of unused subscription services. All subscription fees are nonrefundable except as described below.
Overage Billing (Kartra)
KARTRA has established monthly usage allotments and additional usage fees for certain features of the Software, based on factors including usage, demands, and third party charges. At present, email, asset hosting and bandwidth, and hostname use are the only features for which monthly allotments have been established and additional usage fees apply. Note that any Genesis Digital refund policies that exist DO NOT APPLY to usage fees.
These fees are indicated in the Kartra End User License Agreement. The fees and limitations will be updated from time to time. Your continued use of the Software is your agreement to the current rates. KARTRA strives to keep the fees fair for all who require additional usage:
- Email: As a User of the Kartra Software You can send a specific number of emails per month depending on the package purchased without additional fees. For each additional 1 thousand emails, you will incur a charge of US $0.99.
- Asset Hosting and Bandwidth: Each User is allotted a specific number of Gigabytes of asset hosting and bandwidth per month depending on the package purchased. Additional asset hosting and bandwidth used shall be made available at the rate of US $0.19 per gigabyte.
- Hostnames: Each User is allotted a specific number of custom hostnames depending on the package purchased. Depending on availability, additional hostnames used in excess of the package allowance may be available at no cost during the initial period after Kartra's "Grand Opening." After this grace period, additional hostnames shall be made available at a nominal rate per hostname (no more than $20/hostname).
- Contacts: Each User is allotted a specific number of contacts depending on the package purchased. Accounts are automatically upgraded when the lead count goes beyond the tier limit (see "Package Upgrade (Kartra)" below).
If you go over your allocated amount for any of the above services, the overage fee will be added to your next monthly bill. You can review and monitor for overages in your billing profile. Your account will continue working without any change provided overages are paid when due.
Package Upgrade/Downgrade (Kartra)
Kartra subscriptions are purchased on a monthly basis. If you wish to upgrade or downgrade your package, the new usage allotments will go into effect the following month. If an upgrade is triggered due to the number of leads imported exceeding the package allotment, the upgrade occurs the following month month. Overages are charged based on the package subscription active at the time of their being incurred.
Upgrades may be triggered in-app, and they will go into effect the following month. Downgrades require communication with Genesis Digital'ssupport portal to ensure assets are reduced below package requirements. They will also go into effect the following month.
Genesis Digital's refund policies vary depending on the product as follows:
- For WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar purchases, Genesis Digital offers a full refund on a charge provided the request is made within 30 days of the purchase.
- In the event of a multi-installment payment for a WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar subscription, a refund is only possible on the most recent payment (e.g. if a refund request is made within 30 days of the third payment of a three-payment package, the first and second payments will not be refunded).
- For Kartra monthly purchases, refunds are only given on the first month of a subscription, and only if the refund request is made within 30 days of the purchase, subject to the discretion of Genesis Digital. Refunds are not given on overage charges.
- Refunds may be requested on unused Concierge Services time (when purchased a la carte) at any time. Refunds are not offered for package Concierge Services.
Creating a Cancellation request: A request to cancel a Genesis Digital application must be initiated at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. Any request to cancel an Genesis Digital application must be made via our customer support portal with a Genesis Digital representative at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all communications regarding cancellation. Simply canceling the credit/debit card associated with an Genesis Digital account does not cancel the account. Genesis Digital will continue to treat this as an open account and the billing cycle will continue, resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third party collection service. It is imperative that you chat with an Genesis Digital representative or submit an online ticket through the cancellation form if you wish to initiate cancellation of your Genesis Digital account.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices or nullify previously agreed charges. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be turned over to a third-party collection service.
Each Genesis Digital customer agrees to provide Genesis Digital 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third-party credit/debit card company or bank. Should Genesis Digital receive a chargeback from a third-party credit/debit card company or bank on the customer's behalf before Genesis Digital has been given a chance to resolve the issue, Genesis Digital has the right to charge the customer for its time spent in resolving such disputes and any associated fees incurred by Genesis Digital, in addition to the $50 chargeback fee mentioned above. Regardless of the outcome of the chargeback, Genesis Digital retains the right to collect on any Services or fees that are due. Genesis Digital may submit any disputed amounts to a collection agency. Once a chargeback has been received, Genesis Digital has the right to suspend the account until the matter is resolved.
Updated March 5, 2018