Use of Genesis Digital products and services (including but not limited to WebinarJam, EverWebinar, and Kartra) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to comply with Genesis Digital's billing policy.
- All accounts are set up on a prepaid basis. Payment must be received by Genesis Digital before any billable product or service is provided/activated. In the event of a trial period, payment information must be on file before your account is created. You are required to keep a valid credit/debit card on file to charge for recurring monthly subscription and overage fees. All recurring subscriptions are automatically invoiced and charged to the credit/debit card on file.
- Subscription billing is based on the availability of products and services within the parameters defined by their packages. Certain fees may be usage-based (e.g. in Kartra for e-mail, hosting/bandwidth, domain names overages; WebinarJam/EverWebinar for Mass Market events).
- Payment receipts are provided electronically with each purchase, and may also be provided upon customer request.
- Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged on the customer's specific billing cycle date.
- Payment failure: In the event a credit/debit card fails to charge successfully, access to the product will immediately cease.
- Deactivation: Genesis Digital reserves the right to remove customer application data from its servers after nonpayment.
- Collections Fee: In the event an account is submitted to a third-party collections service, a $35.00 processing fee may be assessed to the existing account balance. This fee is in addition to any other fees previously assessed on the account.
- Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, Genesis Digital may assess a $50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback.
- Interest: Any charges not paid when due are subject to interest at a rate equal to the lesser of: (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the maximum interest rate allowed by applicable law.
Genesis Digital accepts payments from most major credit cards, and in some cases, PayPal.
Invoices are generated and payments are collected at the beginning of each billing period. Customer billing periods typically begin on the day of the month (or year for yearly plans) in which the customer purchased the Genesis Digital subscription. Customers must request to cancel their subscriptions at least 10 days prior to their next billing date in order to avoid being charged on the billing date. Genesis Digital will not prorate any portion of unused subscription services. All subscription fees are nonrefundable except as described below.
Overage Billing (Kartra)
KARTRA has established monthly usage allotments and additional usage fees for certain features of the Software, based on factors including usage, demands, and third party charges. At present, email, asset hosting and bandwidth, and hostname use are the only features for which monthly allotments have been established and additional usage fees apply. Note that any Genesis Digital refund policies that exist DO NOT APPLY to usage fees.
These fees are indicated here below. The fees and limitations will be updated from time to time. Your continued use of the Software is your agreement to the current rates. KARTRA strives to keep the fees fair for all who require additional usage:
- Email: As a User of the Kartra Software, you can send a specific number of emails per month depending on the package purchased without additional fees. For each additional 1 thousand emails, you will incur a charge of US $0.99.
- Asset Hosting and Bandwidth: Each User is allotted a specific number of Gigabytes of asset hosting and bandwidth per month depending on the package purchased. Additional asset hosting and bandwidth used shall be made available at the rate of US $0.19 per gigabyte.
- Hostnames: Each User is allotted a specific number of custom hostnames depending on the package purchased. Depending on availability, additional hostnames used in excess of the package allowance are available at US$ 10.00 per hostname.
- Contacts: Each User is allotted a specific number of contacts depending on the package purchased. Accounts are automatically upgraded when the contact count goes beyond the package limit (see below).
Every passing month, on your billing cycle date, Kartra calculates your account usage through the previous 30 days. If you go over your allocated amount for any of the above services (Email, Hosting and Bandwidth or Hostnames), the corresponding overage fee will be charged to your account. You can review and monitor for overages in your billing profile. Your account will continue working without any change provided overages are paid when due.
Note that the minimum dollar amount Kartra can charge a credit card for is US$ 1.00. Therefore, if your overage charges for any given 30-day period is between US$ 0.01 and US$ 0.99, Kartra will default the charge to US$ 1.00.
Moreover, if your Contacts count on your billing cycle date exceeds your package limit, your account will be automatically upgraded to the appropriate package, possibly incurring in a higher subscription fee.
Package Upgrade/Downgrade (Kartra)
Kartra subscriptions are purchased on a fixed-term basis: monthly, yearly or bi-yearly, depending on the plan you registered for.
When an account in upgraded to a higher tier, the system will run a one-off pro-rated charge for the remaining days of the current billing period. From there after, the standard fees for your newly upgraded package will become effective. Overages are charged based on the package subscription active at the time of them being incurred.
Account downgrades require communication with Genesis Digital's support portal (find the link at the footer of the page) to ensure your account assets are reduced below package requirements. They will also go into effect the following billing cycle.
Genesis Digital's refund policies vary depending on the product as follows:
- For WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar purchases, Genesis Digital offers a full refund on a charge provided the request is made within 30 days of the purchase.
- In the event of a multi-installment payment for a WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar subscription, a refund is only possible on the most recent payment (e.g. if a refund request is made within 30 days of the third payment of a three-payment package, the first and second payments will not be refunded).
- For Kartra recurring payments, refunds are only given on the first installment of a subscription, and only if the refund request is made within 30 days of the purchase, subject to the discretion of Genesis Digital. Refunds are not given on overage charges.
- Refunds may be requested on unused Concierge Services time (when purchased a la carte) at any time. Refunds are not offered for package Concierge Services.
Creating a Cancellation request: A request to cancel a Genesis Digital application must be initiated at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. For Kartra users, cancellation can also be done via the Billing Profile self-service portal in your account. Any other request to cancel a Genesis Digital application must be made via our customer support portal (find link at the footer of this page) with a Genesis Digital representative at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all communications regarding cancellation. Until a cancellation request is made, or a cancellation processed via the self-service portal, Genesis Digital will continue to treat it as an open account. Unless cancelled, the billing cycle will continue, possibly resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third party collection service. It is imperative that you chat with a Genesis Digital representative, utilize the self-service option, or submit an online ticket through the cancellation form if you wish to initiate cancellation of your Genesis Digital account.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices or nullify previously agreed charges. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be turned over to a third-party collection service.
Each Genesis Digital customer agrees to provide Genesis Digital 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third-party credit/debit card company or bank. Should Genesis Digital receive a chargeback from a third-party credit/debit card company or bank on the customer's behalf before Genesis Digital has been given a chance to resolve the issue, Genesis Digital has the right to charge the customer for its time spent in resolving such disputes and any associated fees incurred by Genesis Digital, in addition to the $50 chargeback fee mentioned above. Regardless of the outcome of the chargeback, Genesis Digital retains the right to collect on any Services or fees that are due. Genesis Digital may submit any disputed amounts to a collection agency. Once a chargeback has been received, Genesis Digital has the right to suspend the account until the matter is resolved.
This document was last updated on June 5th 2019 at 1:48 pm EST.